Monday, May 18, 2009

How to Fix Error 0x0000000A or Stop: 0x000000D1

This post provide computer support to troubleshoot or Stop error 0x0000000A or Stop: 0x000000D1 . This error occur when you try to install Windows Vista, you may receive one of the following Stop error messages:



Warning This workaround may make a computer or a network more vulnerable to attack by malicious users or by malicious software such as viruses. We do not recommend this workaround but are providing this information so that you can implement this workaround at your own discretion. Use this workaround at your own risk.

If you receive a "Stop: 0x0000000A" error message or a "Stop: 0x000000D1" error message when you try to upgrade to Windows Vista, follow these steps:

1.Restart the computer.
2.Roll back the installation to the previous operating system.
3.Use the Windows Vista Upgrade Advisor to check for known issues.
4. Disconnect any external hardware devices that are connected to the computer. Additionally, remove or disconnect any hardware that the computer manufacturer does not support. Also, remove any hardware that you recently installed.
5. If you receive either of these error messages during the first phase of the upgrade installation, follow these additional steps:
a. In the previous operating system, update any installed antivirus and antispyware programs, and then scan the computer for problems.
Note If you find any problems, we recommend that you perform a clean installation of Windows Vista.
b. After you scan the computer for viruses and for spyware in the previous operating system, uninstall any antivirus and antispyware software.
c. Contact the computer manufacturer for information about any known Windows Vista compatibility issues and about how to obtain and to install a BIOS update.

6.Try to upgrade to Windows Vista again.


  1. Why do computer ultimately break down or stop running? When you remove a program, it doesn't entirely uninstall itself. It leaves fairly a little of needless files from entire computer. Some scraps that slowly gather slow down your computer causing blue screens, errors and slow startup. Taking this into reflection, 88% of PC users will lost their important data because of a blue screen of fatality or some other error. They will consistently through their money away paying professionals to fix their computer while the other 12% are saving hundreds of dollars using these simple applications. These applications also give your computer a larger projection life. The sooner you understand this more money you will save. In this situation you can download registry easy which will helps you to remove errors and all.

  2. Nice post and great details provided.