To activate Windows XP by using an Internet connection, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.
Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
2. Click Yes, let's activate Windows over the Internet now.
3. Click Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, click Back, and then click Next.
4. Use one of the following methods:
- If you want to register and activate Windows at the same time, click Yes, I want to register and activate Windows at the same time, click Read the Windows Registration Privacy Statement, click Back, click Next, type your contact information in the appropriate boxes in the registration form, and then click Next. An asterisk (*) appears next to required information.
- If you only want to activate Windows, click No, I don't want to register now; let's just activate Windows, and then click Next.
5. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK:
You have successfully activated your copy of Windows.